Thursday, July 25, 2013

A rose card for Rose (an oldie but goodie ... Roses in Winter stamp set)

For work I made a retirement card for a lovely lady by the name of Rose.  She’s retiring with over 20 years of service for the VA.  She’s also very crafty and loves the art of stamping.  So I had to make her card extra special.  Since I didn’t have the current SU rose set Stippled Blossoms (which I’d will be ordering) I used an oldie but goodie SU stamp set Roses in Winter.  This card was CASed and INspired with slight changes with the stamp set, ribbon and sentiment whose original can be seen by this talented artist:  Cindy Beach over at Stamps, Paper and Ink.
I stamped the rose image with the same colors as Cindy used first with Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral (stamped off) with the overlay image and then again with Calypso Coral with the 2nd overlay image.  I’m happy how it turned out so I’d just had to share. 



 All supplies Stampin' Up! ... unless noted.

Recipe ...

Stamps:  SU Roses in Winter-(retired) but you can use SU Stippled Blossoms would work perfectly, SU-Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake (Kraft)
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral (stamped off)
Accessories:  Delicate Designs Edges Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Modern Label Punch, Pearl Basic Jewels, Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon, Silver Cording-(retired), MTF-Die-Namics Scallop Edge Die (you can also use SU Large Scallop Edgelits)

Enjoy & Share!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Marian. Gorgeous card ... beautiful 2-step rose stamp - too bad it's retired but will check out the Stippled Blossoms you recommend. Gorgeous combination of colors and love the white ribbon, cording and pearl accents. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. You inspire me to find that set and use it again. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marian is a true artist and friend. Having been named "Rose" I never tire of anything roses. This card is beautiful and personally touching. A work of generosity!....Rose at the VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! Roses in Winter is the first stamp set I bought and I never tire of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment. I hope I have inspired you. I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement. Have a wonderful day and happy creating! Marian Garcia, Studio M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...