Sunday, March 06, 2011

Spring Break with The Paper Players and my most Exciting News!

Woohoo!! Can I just tell you how excited I was to be asked to be a guest designer on The Paper Players blog this month! This talented group of girls invited me to join them.  Big thanks to Lesley, Ann, Jaydee, LeeAnne and Nance. 
So, the first inspiration challenge of this month is a theme challenge ... Spring has Sprung.  


I made this card for a very nice Hawaiian family who deserve a Surf's Up!  I wanted to create something bold, bright, fun and happy.  I brayered the sky, sponged around the outside of the card and masked in the sunrise.

It's time for a Spring Break!

 
Click here to see my other Tropical Party creation! 

Stamp Recipe:  SU Tropical Party, Just Surfing
Ink:  SU Crushed Curry, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzelberry, Melon Mambo,
Paper:  SU WW, Crushed Curry
Accessories:  2 3/8” Scallop Circle punch, ½” Rich Razzelberry and Crushed Curry grosgrain ribbon 
Technique: Brayer sky, sponging, masking

Thanks for stopping by "Mahalo",

10 comments:

  1. Welcome Marian! Your brayered sky is perfectly lovely and the surfboards are so cool! Great way to start your guest appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on playing with us and what an awesome first card you've created! SO fun and really out of the box in my thinking....I am so predictable, this is fun & funky & hip!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marian,
    What a lovely job you have done on the first challenge, the brayered sky is very cool and something I would not have thought of doing! You have aced it! Love the bright cheerful colours!! So happy to have you on the team for March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Marian on being a Guest Designer! Your work is so beautiful and you truly deserve to be on a Deisgn Team:-) The Paper Player ladies are terrific and your style will complement them well! Love the "Surf's Up" card and your use of the brayer, scallop for the cloud abd the surf boards- too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi M,
    Surf's up. Your surf boards & color choices make me want to plunge right in. Way to go!

    H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marian,

    Love the deatials in your website. Even your necklace is real. Love the family album. What a treat!

    Your fan,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marian, welcome! What a fantastic card for your first outing on the design team. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the brayering and the sponging - absolutely perfect. I love the peek at the inside, too. Fabulous job!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the role Marian! And wow, your card is amazing! I wanna be on holiday now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool card and your brayer/sponge coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marian! This is SO much fun! Your shading is stunning! I have a friend in Hawaii that would absolutely love this one. Big congrats to you on your GD position, too. Your work is so beautiful. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment. I hope I have inspired you. I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement. Have a wonderful day and happy creating! Marian Garcia, Studio M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...